Fish & Game Officer -West Coast Region
- Nelson/Marlborough West Coast
- Richie Cosgrove
Fish & Game N.Z. West Coast has a vacancy for a full-time Fish & Game Officer based in Hokitika.
The successful appointee will have a key role in the management and protection of sportsfish and gamebird resources within the Region.
Responsibilities will include species management, monitoring angler and hunter use and regulation compliance, and liaising with licence-holders, territorial authorities and the public.
Specific requirements for the position include:
- Well developed communication skills, both written and oral.
- A sound knowledge of fish and game management principles and the ability to relate well with anglers and hunters.
- Well developed computer skills.
- Physical fitness at a level to perform field duties.
- Either, a relevant tertiary qualification, or work experience in a related field.
You can download the position description here:
To apply, please post/email your CV and cover letter to:
Fish & Game – West Coast
PO Box 179
Applications close: Friday 3rd August 2018.