Environmental Officer for Auckland/Waikato Fish & Game
- Richie Cosgrove
Auckland/Waikato Fish & Game are looking for an Part-time Environmental Officer.
Fish & Game is a statutory body charged with protecting and enhancing game bird and sports fish habitat on behalf of angling and hunting licence holders.
New Zealand's lakes, rivers and wetlands are under threat from degradation and we are looking for a motivated individual to join our fight to protect freshwater resources for future generations.
Auckland/Waikato Fish & Game is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Environmental Officer to join our team base in Hamilton.
The successful applicant will undertake duties associated with the Resource Management Act, including field inspections, reviewing and preparing submissions on significant RMA plans and consents, planning and policy development.
This is your opportunity to make a difference in conserving our region's natural resources.
We would like to hear from you if you have some or all of the following attributes:
- A true passion for the environment and its sustainable use
- Well developed oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- A sound knowledge of resource management and conservation legislation
- A tertiary qualification in environmental law, resource management, or a related field
- Relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills
- The ability to work as part of a small but dedicated team
A job description can be downloaded here: