CSI Fish & Game Resource Officer/Planner position available
- Central South Island
- Richie Cosgrove
Central South Island Fish & Game Council is a statutory body charged with managing freshwater sports fisheries and game bird populations on behalf of angling and hunting licence holders. Council’s priorities are to promote clean water and healthy streams and protect and restore instream habitat for sports fish and other aquatic life and wetland habitat for game birds.
The Council is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Resource Officer to join our team based in Temuka, South Canterbury. The successful applicant will primarily undertake duties associated with the Resource Management Act, including consent monitoring and making submissions on resource consent applications and regional and district plans. This is your opportunity to make a difference in conserving our region’s natural resources.
We would like to hear from you if you have some or all of the following attributes:
- A true passion for the environment and its sustainable use
- A sound knowledge of resource management and conservation legislation.
- A tertiary qualification in resource management, ecology or related field.
- Relevant work experience, particularly in environmental planning
- The ability to work as part of a small but dedicated team.
- Well-developed oral and written communication and negotiation skills
A job description can be obtained by clicking here.
Applications close on Monday, 3 October 2022 and should be emailed to:
CSI Fish and Game