Tell your MP what you think

Members of Parliament have offices in their electorates where voters can go and see them and make their views on issues known.

You will usually have to make an appointment to see them.

These offices are paid for by you the taxpayer to provide this opportunity - so you can ask for help from your local MP.

The addresses of your nearest MP’s electorate offices can be found here

You can also write a letter to your local MP expressing your concern and asking them to change the legislation.

Contact details can be found here

Or there is a draft letter you can send - go here

Don’t worry about the cost of posting a letter, any correspondence to a MP is free of charge.

The address to write to them is:

Private Bag 18888
Parliament Buildings
Wellington 6160

There is also the opportunity to have your letter delivered to all 121 MPs now sitting in Parliament.

If you want to do this, send Parliament, 121 copies of your letter in one envelope. Include a covering note asking for a copy to be distributed to each MP.

Address your envelope:

All members of Parliament 
Care of Distribution Services 
Freepost Parliament
Private Bag 18 888 
Parliament Buildings 
Wellington 6160 

This service is available only for letters, not emails.