River Flow & Lake Info
River flow and lake level information is invaluable when planning your fishing trip.
Find out river flow and lake level information for the greater Wellington region using the links in this section:
Greater Wellington Regional Council River Bulldozing
Make sure your fishing plans aren't ruined by Greater Wellington Regional Council's bulldozers messing up our rivers.
We know how strongly anglers and other members of the public feel about this destructive activity. Complaints can be directed here.
Region Wide Links:
River Flow - Location Specific:
The numbers beside each river indicate the stage level when the river is fishable at or below this value. Data for other rivers is currently being gathered.
Palmerston North Region:
- Hautapu at Alabasters
- Makakahi at Hamua - 1700mm
- Makuri at Tuscan Hills
- Manawatu at Hopelands - 700mm
- Manawatu at Teachers College - 950mm
- Manawatu at Upper Gorge
- Manawatu at Weber Rd - 1400mm
- Mangatainoka at Larsons Rd
- Mangatainoka at Pahiatua Town Bridge - 2100mm
- Oroua at Almadale Slackline - 1250mm
- Pohangina at Piripiri
- Rangitikei at Pukeokahu - 3400mm
- Rangitikei at Mangaweka - 3260mm
- Ruamahanga River at Waihenga Bridge - (Stage 1400mm)
- Ruamahanga River at Gladstone Bridge - (Stage 660mm)