Important information regarding COVID-19
This page will be updated frequently LAST UPDATED 03/09/21
The following information is provided by the New Zealand Government on the Covid 19 Website
The latest information on current alert levels in your area can be found here
Fishing at alert Level 4
The Government has stated: "You can fish from a wharf or the shore, but do not cast off the rocks or fish from a boat. Boating is not allowed. Keep it local — go to your nearest fishing spot, not your favourite fishing spot".
More info on Alert Level 4
Fishing at alert Level 3
More info on Alert Level 3
Fishing at alert Level 2
The Government has stated: "you can do your usual sport and recreation activities if you can do them safely. But if you are sick, stay home. Try to keep a 2 metre distance from people you do not know if possible".
You can fish:
- including on public conservation land — overnight trips are okay
- boating is allowed
- try to record where and when you fished.
- Someone in the group should keep a record of the people you're with.
More info on Alert Level 2
Like you, Fish & Game New Zealand is focused on limiting the spread of COVID-19 to maintain the safety of licence holders, and our staff by following the advice of the New Zealand Government.
Our commitment to you as anglers and hunters is that we will provide you with the means to interact with Fish & Game and provide you with up to date information on fishing and game bird hunting in New Zealand during the COVID-19 pandemic.
During this time we would ask you to do the following:
- Not to visit a Fish & Game office unless absolutely necessary.
- You must wear a mask if you do.
- Email the Fish & Game office in your region if you need assistance.
- If you are a licence holder, we will email you with any critical information.
- Watch our website and Facebook page for updates.
- Direct all enquiries regarding licences to 0800 542 362.
- Check back on this page regularly.