Just by remembering to return your duck band details could win you an awesome hunting jacket in the latest Matuku camo.
And if you want to keep your band as a momento, you don’t even have to send it in. You can simply phone in, or lodge the details online. (Basic rules apply – see below for contact info).
By doing so, Fish & Game will place you in the draw to win one of five Matuku Camo’ Extreme Technical jackets (value $199 each) provided by Hunting & Fishing New Zealand (www.huntingandfishing.co.nz)
Here’s your chance to stay really warm out hunting: these coats are breathable, with heaps of pockets, plus neoprene adjustable cuffs, etc. The Matuku camo’ design was tailor-made for our conditions – created from high-resolution shots of actual NZ swamp and tussock vegetation.
Let’s band together on duck bands. The details are a vital part of Fish & Game’s research into mallard ducks – the banding information helps them better manage the birds – and benefits you, the hunter.
Don’t forget – Fish & Game doesn’t need the band itself, just the number on it and one or two other details like where and when you shot the bird.
Ring the free phone number 0800 BIRD BAND (0800-247322). Or you’ll find a ready-made form to fill out on the Fish & Game website.
Banding Together – Proudly supported by Hunting & Fishing New Zealand
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Five prize draws:
Each of the five draws entitles the winner to a Mutuku waterfowling jacket supplied by Hunting & Fishing New Zealand valued at $199 each. (Description: these coats are breathable, with heaps of pockets, neoprene adjustable cuffs, etc. The Matuku camo design was tailor-made for NZ conditions – created from high-resolution shots of swamp and tussock vegetation).
Hunting & Fishing New Zealand advises prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes must be redeemed by October 31, 2016. Size must be stipulated when claiming prize. Other conditions may apply.
1. To enter, individuals must hold a game bird hunting licence valid for 2016. Licences and duck band numbers will be subject to checking against Fish & Game records. Hunters may send in multiple entries, but only one entry permitted per duck band. To enter, phone 0800 BIRD BAND (0800-247322), OR send your entry to Fish & Game, Private Bag 3010, Rotorua 3046, OR the National Banding Office, PO Box 108, Wellington 6140. Entries must be received by August 31, 2016.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter (Fish & Game) and agencies associated with this promotion or Hunting and Fishing NZ, are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences May 7, 2016 and closes August 31, 2016. Prizes must be redeemed by October 31, 2016.The draw will take place at the offices of Fish & Game on September 15. Winners will be notified by email or telephone. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The Promoter is Hunting and Fishing New Zealand, 903 Tremaine Ave Terrace, Palmerston North 4414 in association with Fish & Game NZ, 2 Jarden Mile Ngauranga, Wellington 6035.
5. By accepting the prize, the winners consent to have their name, photograph and town of residence used for publicity relating to this promotion.
6. Hunting and Fishing NZ conditions such as when vouchers must be used by, may apply.
7. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
8. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.