Fish & Game Licence Photo Competition
April entries are now open.
The famous Fish & Game NZ photo competition is underway! Thanks to generosity of our sponsor, Kilwell Sports, you have the chance to not only win a $500 Kilwell Sports Voucher as a monthly winner, but to have your winning photo enter the grand final draw to appear on next year's fishing licence AND win the grand prize worth $2000.
Get a photo you have taken on the 2023/2024 Fishing Licence. Sponsored by Kilwell Sports.
Two monthly competitions selected by judging panel:
March 2023 - $500 Kilwell Sports voucher
April 2023 - $500 Kilwell Sports voucher
Grand Prize selected by public vote on the Fish & Game Facebook page
May 2023 - Grand prize $2,000 Kilwell Sports voucher
The monthly winner will receive a $500 Kilwell Sports voucher and the major prize winner will receive:
- Your photo on the front of the 2023/2024 Fish & Game fishing licence
- $2,000 voucher from Kilwell Sports
- Your name engraved on an annual trophy retained by Fish & Game
How to enter
Take a photo on your camera or phone related to sports fishing in New Zealand and upload it below to enter. (Please read the terms and conditions below to ensure you are aware of all the competition requirements.) Entries that do not meet the T&C's will not be accepted.
The rules in brief (please read these to avoid your entry being invalid)
- The form below is the only accepted method of entry
- The competition is open to NZ residents only (except F&G staff, F&G volunteers, sponsors and competition judges.)
- Entries can only be made by the actual photographer
- Photos must be taken in New Zealand and relate specifically to fresh water sports fishing.
- One entry per person per month, no photo can be submitted more than once throughout the entire competition
- Entries will be accepted from the first day to the last day of the calendar month
- No entry can be submitted to any other competition past or present
- Winning photos become the property of Fish & Game NZ and cannot be entered in any future competition
- Files must be .jpg or .jpeg between 1Mb and 5Mb
Read the full terms and conditions here
All entries are subject to terms and conditions and entry is deemed acceptance.
Each photo is checked to ensure it meets the competition terms and conditions, therefore please allow up to 48 hours before your photo is displayed after entering it. If your photo does not a appear below, it will be because it did not meet the terms and conditions of entry.
Entries open for the first monthly competition on Wednesday 01 April 2023 and close Friday 30 April 2023. (Any entries received outside of these dates will be invalid, except that any entry received after Friday 31 March 2023 will be accepted as an entry for the April competition.)