Boat Fishing ‘How To’
A beginners guide to catching more trout!...
Sunday January 6th, 2019, 10.00am
Stoney Point (Off Spencer Rd)
Eastern Fish & Game will be running a free boat fishing talk
at Lake Tarawera this summer.
The talk designed to cover the basics of successful boat
fishing for trout and allow an insight into the trout, it’s
habits and habitats, food and seasonal changes that affect
behavior. We'll explain different fishing methods and rigs
for trout - all designed to improve your fishing success.
Plus we’ll show you how to take care of your catch, remove
all of the bones and provide some tips on hot smoking too.
It's a no nonsense, non-technical talk and best of all it's
totally free – just turn up and find yourself a spot at Stoney
Point, (a foldout chair, hat, sun screen and drink might be
handy if hot, raincoat if it’s wet)
Catch more fish by learning about:
- The trout and it’s lifecycle, why it does what it does
- The trout’s food, what it eats, what it likes and why
- The effects of temperature on trout, what they like and what they need
- The thermocline, what it is, what it does
- The smelt, its habits and habitat
- Fishing methods, including; jigging, trolling, etc.
- Tackle and rigs PLUS lots more tips
- Caring for, removing bones and cooking your catch
Start Time: 10.00am, all welcome, no bookings required!
Duration: about 2 hours
More information, contact: Mark Sherburn, 021 244 1774, 07 357 5501
It's a 'don't miss!'