Important information regarding COVID-19
This page will be updated frequently LAST UPDATED 02/12/21
The following information is provided by the New Zealand Government on the Covid 19 Website
- Information on the Traffic Light System in effect from 11.59pm on 02/12/2021
- Information on travelling to New Zealand in 2022
Like you, Fish & Game New Zealand is focused on limiting the spread of COVID-19 to maintain the safety of our licence holders and our staff by following the advice of the New Zealand Government.
Our commitment to you as anglers and hunters is that we will provide you with the means to interact with Fish & Game and provide you with up to date information on fishing and game bird hunting in New Zealand during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fish & Game do not regulate your ability to go fishing or hunting as part of the Covid response, this is the role of the New Zealand Government. Sport New Zealand provide information specifically related to recreation on behalf of the Government. and we have provided links below to help you understand what you can do and any restrictions that may apply from time to time.
Understanding the Covid-19 Protection Framework (Traffic Light System)
During this time we would ask you to do the following:
- Please do not visit a Fish & Game office unless necessary.
- You must wear a mask if you do.
- Email the Fish & Game office in your region if you need assistance.
- If you are a licence holder, we will email you with any critical information.
- Watch our website and Facebook page for updates.
- Direct all enquiries regarding licences to 0800 542 362.
- Check back on this page regularly.
Access on private land