River Flow & Lake Info
River flow, lake level and rainfall information is invaluable when planning your fishing trip.
Find out what river, lake and rainfall levels are doing across the Auckland / Waikato region using the links in this section:
Lake levels around Auckland:
View lake levels for lakes in the Waitakeres, Auckland and Manuaku City areas at the WaterCare website:
- Lower Nihotupu Dam
- Upper Nihotupu Dam
- Waitakere Dam
- Upper Huia Dam
- Lower Huia Dam
- Upper Mangatawhiri Dam
- Cosseys Dam
- Hays Creek Dam
- Wairoa Dam
- Mangatangi Dam
Rainfall and river levels for the Waikato, King Country and Coromandel:
Environment Waikato Flowline:
Water level, flow, rainfall information is also available for some waters by phoning one of Environment Waikato's info lines. You can check what information is available about which rivers at the Environment Waikato website. The info line numbers to call are:
- Phone 0832 25334 for Ohinemuri, Kauaeranga and Waihou.
- Phone 0832 25335 for Piako and Waitoa.
- Phone 0832 25336 for Waipa and the Lower Waikato.
- Phone 0832 25337 for the Taupo Basin and Awakino.
Waikato river flow:
Phone Mighty River Power's information line on 0800 820 082 for:
- the Aratiatia rapids opening and closing times
- the river flow below Aratiatia
- the river flow below Lake Karapiro
- the current level of Lake Taupo
- the planned outflow from Lake Taupo into the Waikato River.
Tongariro river flow:
Visit the Genesis Energy Website. Monitoring sites:
- Moawhango at Waiouru
- Moawhango at Moawhango
- Tongariro at Waipakihi
- Tongariro at Rangipo
- Tongariro downstream of Poutu Intake
- Tongariro at Turangi
- Whakapapa at Footbridge
- Whanganui at Below Piriaka
- Whanganui at Te Maire
Algal blooms in the Waikato Region:
The blue-green algal blooms in Waikato lakes and rivers.has up-to-date results showing the level of