Important information regarding COVID-19
This page will be updated frequently
We are now in Level 2
Fishing and Hunting under Level 2
Hunting: For information on game bird hunting under Level 2 please click here
Fishing: All fishing can operate normally. More details click here
Fish & Game's Response to COVID-19
Fish & Game New Zealand is focused on maintaining the safety of licence holders and staff, and limiting the spread of COVID-19 by following the advice of the World Health Organisation, the New Zealand Government and the Ministry of Health.
Fishing and hunting does bring opportunities to get outdoors and there are very few restrictions in place during Level 2. There are some directives to be followed such as limited your social group to 10 people or less and Fish & Game are committed to supporting these directives.
Our commitment to you as anglers and hunters is that we will provide you with the means to interact with Fish & Game and provide you with up to date information on fishing and game bird hunting in New Zealand during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All our offices around the country are currently closed. You can contact us by phone during business hours and by email at any time. Rest assured, the needs of our licence holders are a top priority.
During this time we would ask you to do the following:
- Email the Fish & Game office in your region if you need assistance.
- Call the Fish & Game office in your region if you need assistance urgently.
- Please do not visit our offices for anthing non essential.
- Please take the time to find the answer to your question on this website before calling or emailing us.
- If you are a licence holder we will email you with any critical information.
- Watch our Facebook page for updates.
- Direct all enquiries regarding licences to 0800 542 362.
- To purchase a licence click here and read the important information listed.
- Check back on this page regularly.
The Government has set up an information website ‘Unite against COVID-19’. Learn the simple steps you can take to ‘flatten the curve’ and slow the spread by clicking here